Kiverdi is an innovative biotech disruptor. Our mission is to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make everyday products.
Our NASA-inspired technology uses microbes to transform CO2 into protein, high-value oils, nutrients, and bio-based products.
The products we produce can be used in a wide range of sustainably-sourced applications. By recycling carbon dioxide, we bridge the gap between sustainability and profitability, enabling a future of abundance. Our current solutions include Air Protein (a subsidiary of Kiverdi), Revive Soil, CO2 AquaFeed and Reverse Plastics.
ABOUT THE JOB
Kiverdi is seeking a hardworking, determined, and highly-technical Process Engineer to join our growing team of talented individuals. The successful candidate will be aiding in the implementation of a systematic and reliable scale-up criteria, that will help reach the organization’s vision of scaling the delivery of manufacturing process design.
The Process Engineer will work to improve the processes & process control understanding, minimize development time, and increase the reliance on fundamental scientific & engineering principles to make decisions and analyze risks. In addition, we want you to help us improve the confidence in our ability to scale processes.
- Combine technical knowledge of existing products and processes in order to guide project opportunities.
- List the process variables, parameters, and material attributes associated with; design and control of processes, unit operations, various operating principles & equipment types common to food processing, solid/semi-solid oral dosage form pharmaceuticals, and any potential future businesses (examples below)
- Provide guidance on scale-up rules and considerations for these operations and associated equipment types, including but not limited to; reasonable range of scalability (extent of change in batch size/volume/throughput rate applicable from information at any particular scale), necessity for empirical data (i.e. pilot plant) vs. use of material properties & models, etc.
- Define dimensionless/scale-invariant numbers/groups for each unit operation or equipment type to be used for process design & development, such as; the design of experiments used to determine criticality of process parameters, and strategies to control critical quality attributes (CQAs) of process outputs & final products.
- Support engineers with technical project execution, plant production trials and product evaluations.
- Guide cross-functional teams on executing technical projects and developing root cause analysis / corrective actions for ongoing manufacturing issues, using established project management and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Implement process improvements and validate that success criteria have been met.
- Provide equipment recommendations and methods to optimize operations.
- Prepare written processing requirements/specifications and standards for new and revised processes to meet product specifications.
- Prepare process design criteria documents.
- Assist with conducting process training seminars with supervisors and operators and developing standard operating procedures.
- Support best practice sharing across supply chain networks.
- Optimize unit processes and operations, in which multiple unit operations and transport phenomena can be executed by a single piece of equipment: · Granulation (mixing, drying, phase/pressure/temperature changes), Extrusion (high temperature/short time cooking, conveying, kneading/mixing, heating, cooling, forming).
- Bachelor of Science degree, with a concentration in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science/Engineering, Bio-engineering or any related degree.
- Have updated working knowledge of the Foods or Biotechnology Industry.
- 4 +years of work experience in manufacturing/production/engineering.
- Ability to understand root causes of problems and develop solutions is critical to success.
- Ability to use fact based reasoning and recommendations, essential to optimizing process variables and systems.
- Highly effective communication skills, with the ability to modify communications approach to current team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, in addition to interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work closely with the plant leadership and processing floor to understand equipment variables and equipment operations.
- Understanding of basic project management principles
Kiverdi is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.